Thursday, August 7, 2014

AR-15 Project: Update August 2014


A good friend of mine built me a Spike's Tactical AR lower last year with Spike's FDE Enhanced Parts Kit installed.  I have since picked up a Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group to match my Nickel Boron Battle Trigger.

The lower consists of:
- Spike's Tactical Spider (Bullet) Lower
- 6-Position Buffer Tube, Castle Nut, Staked Latch Plate
- 17-7 Stainless Buffer Spring
- ST-T2 Buffer
- Magpul CTR Stock (FDE)

Enhanced Parts Kit consists of:
- Spike's Billet Trigger Guard w/Set Screw
- KNS Gen II Mod II Anti-Rotation Pins
- Ergo Grip (FDE)
- ST Battle Trigger with Nickel Boron Coated Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger, Disconnect, and Rounded         Hammer
- Ambi Safety Selector
- Mil-Spec Detents, Plungers, Pins and Springs
- Quality Spiral Roll Pins for Trigger Guard and Bolt Catch
- 1/4 Allen Screw with Washer for Grip

Bolt Carrier Group:
AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NiB BDG

At this time I have all the other parts picked out, but I have not yet purchased them.  I found with my Mossberg project that as time goes by, things sometimes change and adjust, so I'm not going to list the other parts till I actually lock them in.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment