Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Project 1776 Lead Female Character


I have had a 2.5D side-scroller in my head for years now that I gave the code name "Project 1776".  I have pretty much lost hope in the idea of ever making the game, as making a game of its size just isn't realistic without a staff of talent.  I think many of us in the game development world love to dream about making our "perfect game", but the longer I work in the industry, the more I see just how much work and manpower it takes to make even the simplest of games, let alone something the size of extra large, 2.5D,  Metal Slug.  It just isn't possible while maintaining a full time job.

The basic premise of the game is that it would be a side-scrolling shooter (Contra, Metal Slug, Gunstar Heroes ext...) made in very high end 3D graphics but with the camera locked into a 2D angle, just like Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat and many of the Nintendo Wii games like New Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country Returns.  The gameplay would revolve around firearms and doing fancy combos while jumping, sliding and taking cover.  The story is loosely based around some of the popular conspiracy theorists and their ideas of a future where the government would fail us and there would be a revolution.  The game follows two young, new recruits to this rebellion against a corrupt government.  ...never decided on names for them, so we'll just call them Player 1 and Player 2.  :P 

So here is a concept of Player 2, the female lead character.  I'll likely share some more things from this idea over time, I still enjoy making characters and weapons for the game idea...just a fun excuse to make cool stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment